Updated August 31, 2019
You have decided that working as a Virtual Assistant in your own business from a home office is something that interests you and you may be asking yourself “where do I start”? If you are a little unclear as to what a Virtual Assistant is, please read my post Work as a Virtual Assistant.
It may have been a while since you left the workforce or you may be planning to leave in the near future and would like to kick-start a home-based, online business.
I have scoured the internet to find authentic, helpful programs to give you options for creating retirement income online and I encourage you to read my virtual assistant career training post here.
What is Virtual Assistant Career Training?
The Virtual Assistant Career Training is a business startup system with instruction offered by Tawnya Sutherland, the owner and founder of VANetworking.com, the largest global networking site for Virtual Assistants.
Tawnya Sutherland is a major spokesperson in the VA industry and leads a worldwide network of Virtual Assistants. She is an experienced entrepreneur and began her career in this profession in 1998.
The training consists of step by step instructions on how to set up your own Virtual Assistant business from home in 30 days and includes a workbook, business templates and CD’s as well as other features detailed in the review of the product itself below.
Who is it For?
The program is for anyone who is looking for a work-from-home, online business opportunity including retired persons and those looking to retire in the near future.
This course is also for those who are already working from home as a virtual assistant but would like the opportunity to network with others in a global community, hone their entrepreneurial skills, expand their business and learn some new tips along the way.
VA’s come from a wide variety of backgrounds so don’t discount yourself if you think you may not have the relevant experience. You could have been a teacher, administrator, secretary, clerk, receptionist, nurse, Realtor, bookkeeper, paralegal or even a very detailed and passionate person who can find their way around a computer. Ideally, you need some kind of organizational experience to get started and the rest you will learn.
When reading through the testimonials, I noted that the people who purchased the VBSS training come from an administrative, secretarial, paralegal, real estate, business management, human resources, and bookkeeping background.
|Name||Virtual Assistant Career Startup System or VBSS-Virtual Business Startup System|
|Price||$997.00 (Option to pay by 3 installments of $397)|
|What you get||An entire Virtual Assistant business startup course consisting of instructional
e-books, business contracts, and templates, tools, and resources to teach you
how to become a successful, independent, work-from-home entrepreneur.
|Guarantee||7-day money-back guarantee|
|CRIO rating (0-10)||9.7|
Review of Virtual Assistant Career Training
I reached out to the owner of this training program, Tawnya Sutherland, and she responded to me personally. I asked her if she thought being a Virtual Assistant was a good option for retirees who need to make some money from home and she informed me that many of her students are in our age group who are looking to create their own home-based business after years of working in offices for others.
This is a good time to mention to you that the owner is very involved with the day to day running of her business and can be contacted by email. Additionally, and this lends great credibility to me, you have a free 15-minute consultation with Tawnya personally, to see if her course is the right one for you and to discuss your interest in becoming a Virtual Assistant.
Here is what you get with this course:
- VAC 30 Day Module Online Training Center – Here you will find simple and easy to manage steps to setting up a business, delivered in a balanced way. Not tons of reading lengthy text but instead a fun format including short reading passages, helpful tips, writing exercises, and checklists to help guide you along the way to learning how to set up your own business. There are 30 modules in all so that, as advertised, you can complete the course in 30 days.
- VAC Resources – This contains 100’s of business templates, charts, articles, e-books, tutorials, and Virtual Assistant business contracts. There are also bonus videos and podcasts on additional training topics.
- VAC Startup Forum Access – Exclusive private access to a forum designed specifically to encourage and motivate VA’s that are just starting out. Here you can receive answers to your questions and network, connect and share with other newbies. You will also be able to access Tawnya’s marketing knowledge for every chapter in the system.
- Virtual Assistant Business Plan -This is a 35 page completed business plan together with 2 years of financials from Tawnya’s own business. You can use her wording and simply substitute your personal information and details to create a minimum hassle business plan of your own.
- Special Discounts from their Premium Partners – You will receive discounts and passive income creating opportunities and advice on ways to help you grow your business as well as a 50% lifetime discount to VAinsiders.com.
- The VAC Training Program Seal – You can display this seal in your marketing materials or on your website which will lend credibility to your potential clients and let them know that you are always learning and updating your knowledge in your profession.
- Perpetual Access to the VAC Training Program – This means that you will forever be able to refer to those 30 modules of the course, which is updated every quarter. This means you will always have the latest information to improve and grow your business.
- A Virtual Assistant Website which includes:
- 1 year of free web hosting
- Install of Word Press.org
- Basic Installation of the DIVI Elegant Theme with lifetime updates
- Plugins-Monarch Social Media, Bloom Email Optin both with lifetime updates
- 5 self-hosted email addresses
- Learning resources for both Divi Theme and WordPress2 VA
Pros and Cons
- A comprehensive, detailed, and in-depth course
- Access to a start-up forum to help newbies
- 3-month membership to VAInsider’s club
- Your own website
- Ability to achieve a globally recognized certification
- It’s expensive
- The site is a little difficult to navigate (confusing)
Final Thoughts on Virtual Assistant Career Training
There is truly a wealth of knowledge and helpful tools available in the Virtual Assistant Career Training course. It is well-structured, detailed and in-depth yet easy to follow with many resources available to help you succeed. The course is created by someone with many years of experience who is well-known within the industry.
I believe that this is a very legitimate course because of the transparency of the owner herself. The fact that you can call her up or email or chat easily and she will respond is huge in this world of internet scams and phony promises. I also love the 7-day money-back guarantee. This demonstrates to me that the owner has confidence in her product.
It is not necessary to have a certification to set up your own Virtual Assistant business, but if you have worked as an employee for most, or all, of your life, the challenges of creating your own business are very real. This course will save you a lot of time and frustration and teach you how to select your strengths and grow a business.
You will find less expensive courses online but the beauty of this one is that you actually become a part of the “network” and you are in a global community with other VA’s and therefore in a position to stay updated, learn more things and feel more connected in what can sometimes be an isolating profession.
There is no doubt that being a Virtual Assistant in your own home-based business requires organizational skills, determination, and discipline. However, if you have that entrepreneurial spirit and you truly desire to create some income from home, this could be a great opportunity for you. I believe the Virtual Assistant Career Training program by Tawnya Sutherland truly is an authentic, credible product. The 7-day money-back guarantee gives you ample time to see if the course is for you and get a full refund if you decide it´s not.
Thank you for reading this review, which I hope you found helpful in your journey towards greater financial stability in retirement. Something we are all striving to achieve.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or would like to see a review on something else you have been thinking about doing. Remember, I am here to help!
If you feel that being a Virtual Assistant is not what you were looking for, see my post Money Making Ideas for Retirees.
I wish you health and happiness wherever the road takes you,
Virtual Assistant Career Training$997.00
- Comprehensive, detailed and in-depth course
- Access to starter forum for newbies
- 3 month membership to VAInsider Club
- Ability to achieve a globally recognized certification
- It's expensive
- The site is a little difficult to navigate