If you were to ask 100 affiliate website owners what is the most difficult part of running their website, it’s likely at least 95 of them would say “writing content”. Wouldn’t it be great then if someone, or something, could provide all the content you needed to achieve a highly profitable website and for an incredibly modest price? That is exactly what WP Affiliate Machine purports to do.
Is WP Affiliate Machine a scam or does it live up to its claims? Let’s see.
What is WP Affiliate Machine?
WP Affiliate Machine is a WordPress plugin that, when activated, will automatically download and publish, at the rate of one per day, and for thirty days, pre-written product review posts to your website.
The posts cover a varied selection of digital products currently available on three affiliate networks, JV Zoo, Warrior Plus, and ClickBank. It is left for the website owner (i.e. you) to sign up with each affiliate network but when this is done and the respective affiliate IDs’ have been added in the plugin settings, those IDs’ are automatically added to the respective posts so that the website owner will get credit for any sales.
Through the plugin settings, the website owner can also obtain and incorporate into each post relevant videos, banners, etc. and automatically share the posts on social media.
Who is it For?
WP Affiliate Machine is for any affiliate marketer who has a website but doesn’t like/want/have time, or otherwise struggles to regularly write their own content and doesn’t want to pay a freelance writer or employee to do it for them.
|Name||WP Affiliate Machine|
|Price||$14.95 currently on sale|
$47.00 regular price
|What you get||WordPress Plugin|
|Guarantee||30-day money-back guarantee, subject to conditions (see below)|
|CRIO rating (0-10)||3.3|
WP Affiliate Machine Review
This program is predicated on the assumption that most affiliate marketers would prefer to have someone else write the content for their website but don’t want the expense of hiring a writer. WP Affiliate Machine offers a solution by providing a steady supply of product review posts which the affiliate marketer can then publish on their website. It sounds like a great idea, but will it work?
A Few Red Flags From the Online Sales Information
You Still Need Your Own Website: Repeatedly throughout the online sales information are statements that imply you need nothing more than this program to set up your new affiliate website. For example;
In other words, it implies that the program somehow includes the website itself. Now, I acknowledge that anyone with a little bit of technical savvy would likely realize that this is not the case if for no other reason than the program is only available through a plugin and plugins can only work with a functioning website. But someone who is less experienced could well be fooled into thinking this is the complete package including the website. This is misleading and wrong, in my opinion.
The Price: The regular price for this product, as per the check-out page, $47.00 but, for a limited time it is on offer for $14.95.
This, of course, is nonsense and the timer resets every time you return to the website. It is simply a ruse to get you to buy there and then. I know this kind of thing is almost commonplace nowadays but I think it’s deceptive and it makes me wonder what other deceptions might there be?
That price, by the way, is for one website. You can get a license for multiple websites for an additional cost (see Upsells below).
The Testimonials: There are a number of seemingly very impressive testimonials but when you look at them more closely, they all just say what a great program it is. There is not one testimonial from someone who has actually used the program and made any money from it!
The Income Claims: The program owner, Ankur Shukla, makes some pretty impressive income claims for a website he purportedly set up and is now running solely through this program.
The sales video tells us that these are the commissions earned on a website set up just six months ago, with the WP Affiliate Machine plugin installed, and for which there has been “zero marketing, no SEO, no social media, and no paid traffic”. We are told these results were achieved after posting just one review per week and were derived solely from “free traffic from Google”.
So, we are being asked to believe that a brand new website over the course of just six months has attracted over 23,000 visitors and earned nearly $9,000.00 in commissions. And all this without any additional marketing help, not even SEO! That’s ridiculous.
It’s Just 30 Posts
I emphasize this because it is not completely clear from the online sales information. What the program includes is one post per day for thirty days, then it’s done. You can ‘force’ more than one post per day if you wish but the total number you are entitled to remains at 30.
When you have received all your posts you have to either start writing yourself or purchase additional posts at a cost of $27.00 per ten posts. We all know that a successful website needs a constant flow of new content and so you need to be prepared to either write yourself or start paying up.
The Posts Themselves
Each post is a review of a product currently available through three affiliate networks, JV Zoo, Warrior Plus, and ClickBank. All are reputable companies even if many of the products they sell are not.
You have absolutely no say in the choice of the product reviews sent to you and so you could well end up promoting a product that you know nothing about or, worse still, consider to be a bad product (there go your reputation and the trust in your website!).
The posts are not particularly well written and have numerous grammatical mistakes in them. Also, there is very little real meat on them and it looks like most of the information has come from the online promotional material for the product.
By the way, one of these review posts is on a product called WP Commission Machine:
In case the title sounds familiar, this is another offering from Ankur Shukla and which means you would effectively be paying him in order to market his product! What are the chances that this is the only instance of this?
UPDATE: Subsequent inquiries have revealed that 28 of the 30 preinstalled product reviews are on products developed by Ankur Shukla. So, yes, if you purchase this plugin you are paying him for the privilege of promoting his products!!!
A Little Thing Called Duplicate Content (or plagiarism)
The posts you receive from WP Affiliate Machine are not written just for you, nor will there be multiple, and different, versions of each product review available. In fact, in the sales video Ankur Shukla clearly states;
This means that everyone who purchases this plugin will get exactly the same review posts. So, let’s be generous and say that, due to their marketing efforts, 500 people have been persuaded to purchase this plugin before you. This means that by the time you get your first review post onto your website, that exact same post has already been published to the web 500 times. And it will, of course, continue to be published as more people purchase the plugin after you. This is considered duplicate content.
Duplicate content is very much frowned upon by Google and the other search engines with the result you will have great difficulty getting your website ranked. Without ranking, you won’t get traffic and without traffic, you won’t get sales. You will not be able to rely on “free traffic from Google” (per Ankur Shukla) to get sales and will have to fall back on paid ads, social media and the like, the very things Ankur Shukla tells us, very clearly, we won’t need.
You should also be aware that if your website is already established before adding the plugin, and has achieved some authority within the search engines, then continually pumping out blatantly duplicate content will almost certainly cause that authority irreparable harm.
There are a large number of upsells within the plugin and with which you are bombarded immediately you open up the program. These include:
- PRO upgrade ($47.00) allows you to build email lists, convert articles into PDFs and videos, and automatically add SEO tags.
- Monthly Content ($27.00) keeps the supply of review posts coming once you have used the initial 30. This price is for 10 posts.
- Website hosting ($47.00, $67.00, and $72.00) for up to 5, 50, or 100 websites respectively. This is purportedly for lifetime hosting so don’t expect too much at those prices. Not surprisingly the hosting company is not named.
- Developer’s license ($37.00 and $42.00) for up to ten or unlimited websites respectively, allows you to build websites incorporating the plugin and then sell them for whatever price you can get.
- Reseller license ($67.00 and $74.00) for up to 50 or unlimited respectively, allows you to sell the plugin yourself and keep 100% of the sale price.
A money-back guarantee is offered but check out the wording;
As you can see, the guarantee is limited to technical problems and even then you have to ‘prove’ that you have taken any and all steps they may have suggested to resolve the issue. That places a monstrous burden on the purchaser and one which is going to be extremely difficult to satisfy.
WP Affiliate Machine Pros and Cons
- Inexpensive, even at $47.00 it would be a bargain for what you are purportedly getting. At $14.95 it would be the sale of the century!
- The plugin actually delivers on what it claims to do, i.e. supply 30 product review posts plus videos, banners, etc. that will quickly populate your new website. However, because it is all duplicate content it will not rank in the search engines and it will be practically impossible to make any money from it.
- It’s easy and quick to set up. What will take time is having to sign up for the affiliate programs for all of the products, without which you cannot sell anything.
- Money-back guarantee, but subject to conditions that make it extremely difficult to take advantage of.
- Creates duplicate content which makes it extremely difficult for the posts to rank in the search engines and hence attract traffic to your website. No traffic means no sales.
- Because of the duplicate content problem, the only way to get traffic to your website is by paid ads (which are expensive), social media (which takes a lot of time and hard work), etc.
- The review posts are very basic and poorly written.
- While you are free to edit the offered posts (more work) you have no control over the actual subject matter, i.e. the product being reviewed. If it’s a product you know nothing about you may struggle to answer questions from potential purchasers. If it’s a product you don’t like or trust you have to either swallow your principles or simply not publish the offending post(s).
- Even ignoring the duplicate content problem, you will struggle to gain any authority in the search engines with just thirty posts. This means you will have to start writing yourself or pay $27.00 for every additional 10 posts.
- No matter what Ankur Shukla says, you cannot build a successful website without proper SEO, especially if the search engines are to be your only source of traffic. If you understand SEO you will know this takes time and effort and if you don’t understand it, you will need to learn about it.
Is WP Affiliate Machine a Scam?
WP Affiliate Machine is not a scam because it does deliver what it promises, i.e. posts, videos, banners, etc. However, because of the duplicate content problem, it is my opinion that it will be impossible to make any significant money from this plugin.
Affiliate marketing offers a great opportunity to make a lot of money online but it takes time and hard work to become successful at it. Depending upon your niche and the time you have available to devote to it, that can mean up to twelve months or more before you even start to see money coming in. But believe me, it is worth it in the end because once you get it right, and the money starts trickling in, it is so easy to grow that trickle to a stream, then to a river and finally to a flood.
I hope you have gained some insight from this review of WP Affiliate Machine. If you have any comments or questions please leave them in the comments box below and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. I would love to hear from you if already have experience with this product.
WP Affiliate Machine$47.00 On sale for $14.95
- Basically performs as claimed
- Easy setup
- (Very) limited guarantee
- Creates duplicate content
- Content is not well written
- No control over subject matter
- Only 30 posts provided
- Additional SEO required