Have you ever toyed with the idea of writing your own e-book? Well, now could be the time to get serious about it.
Most of us have a story to tell, or maybe even some specialized knowledge we would like to share. But it can be daunting to think of how to start, what to write, how to make it look good, and how to get our e-book out there, online, for others to read and hopefully, purchase.
One of the options available to us when working online is the ability to write and publish our own e-book. Gone are the days of sending lengthy manuscripts to publishing houses and waiting for a response.
If this is something that you have been considering, I invite you to read my How to Write and Publish Your Own E-Book V2.0 Version Review so that you can decide for yourself if this is a program that might be useful to you as an aspiring author.
What is How to Write Your Own E-Book V2.0?
How to Write Your Own E-book is a step-by-step guide on how to write, publish, and market your own e-book. It is an updated version of a previous book, which was written by Jim Edwards and Joe Vitale.
This revised and updated version, which has additional information based on a decade of new experience, written by Jim Edwards, includes new topics such as the step by step information on how to publish on Amazon Kindle, Nook and Ipad.
Who is it For?
That is the beauty of writing. This program is for anyone who has ever considered writing their own e-book. It is ideal for those of us from the ‘hip’ generation who are retired but would like, or need, to generate some more income online and have always thought they had a book in them. Maybe you?
|Name||How to Write and Publish Your Own E-Book …in as little as 7 days, V2.0|
|What you get||Downloadable core e-book and 3 bonuses|
|Guarantee||60-day money-back guarantee from Clickbank|
|CRIO rating (0-10)||8.5|
Review of How to Write and Publish Your Own E-Book in 7 Days V2.0
The author of this product, Jim Edwards, is also a motivational speaker, internet expert, and coach. He is famous for writing and promoting e-books in education, business and economics and he is a 10-year veteran newspaper columnist. He has also been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine.
Amazon Kindle makes it easy to publish your e-book, but you are going to need help learning what is selling right now, what people want to read and how to format and then market your e-book through Amazon. It is important to note that Amazon is the #1 retailer in the world and they sell more e-books on Kindle than physical books.
According to the author, Jim Edwards, these are some of the common mistakes that aspiring e-book authors make:
- Targeting the wrong audience for their e-book
- Don’t know how to choose a catchy, commercial title
- Don’t understand how to format or publish an e-book based on each distribution channel
- Not sure how to create unique content for their e-book quickly
- Not knowing if their e-book is good enough to publish or not
- No knowledge of a business model around e-books and how to exploit it in their niche (chosen subject to write about).
This e-book covers all of the above concerns in-depth as well as many others.
Here are some key features of the course:
- How to ensure that you target the right audience for your e-book. You will learn how to read through Amazon reviews to see what people like and don’t like about other e-books so that you can fine-tune your subject with the input of actual readers.
- A 5 step process is detailed on how to “test the waters” through social media to see if there is an interest in your e-book subject. This will minimize the risk of you wasting time and effort on an e-book that holds little interest for readers.
- You will learn how to overcome the fear of writing an e-book by focusing on what your audience wants and how to proactively get your book sold.
- You will be guided on how to write good content that people want to read by identifying, then providing solutions to, questions and concerns you readers have, thus overcoming ‘roadblocks’ that people have on a given subject. In other words, you will learn how to brand yourself as the go-to person on that subject.
- The course will teach you formatting and publishing by going into depth on everything you need to know on how to format your text so that it can be published on Kindle or your own website in PDF format.
- You will learn how to title your e-book and write catchy descriptions that will encourage people to buy your e-book.
- Pricing your e-book in today’s market, what to charge and why are detailed.
- How and where to distribute your e-book will be taught so that you can get it out there quickly.
- You will learn how to create an engaging “Amazon Author Central” page. This is kind of like your online business card which will have a professional photo of you and a short but interesting biography. Here you can direct people to your own website or social media blogs. It is a marketing tool to help you stand out as an author.
- The course includes a proven 72-hour e-book creation model.
Bonuses (there are 3):
- The E-book Title Wizard – This is an online software product that helps you to instantly come up with keyword-rich titles that you can use for writing books, articles, reports and more. This is necessary for ‘getting found’ on the Amazon Kindle Store.
- The E-book Description Wizard – Another software product that will give you a proven format, flow, and the correct type of wording for descriptions of your e-book that will motivate people to buy your creation. This also helps you get found on Amazon Kindle because of the keyword-rich format (what people have typed in when they are looking for something specific).
- Special Report -How to Take Every Major Credit Card on the Planet – this report breaks down the 4 main options available to you for taking credit cards and processing payments for your e-book. Additionally, it will teach you how to set up an ‘affiliate’ program (see our post on Affiliate Marketing) that will automatically sign up your affiliates so they can sell your e-book for you. It will enable you to track their sales and cut them a percentage check every week.
Pros and Cons
- Well-known, successful author
- Updated and revised Information
- Great value for the price
- The usual corny promotional video
- Inflated income claims
My Final Thoughts on How to Write and Publish Your Own E-Book V2.0
As with many online products we see today, the author tells us about the millions of dollars he has made over the years selling e-books. He also informs us of the vast sums of money he normally charges for his consultations.
Ultimately, he is a salesman and the promotional video has the usual infomercial type delivery, but that is to be expected. He knows how to sell and his course is going to teach you how to sell your e-book.
He also claims that you can write an e-book in as little as 7 days. Well, many e-books are only 20-30 pages in length so, theoretically, this is true. But there is no doubt that in order to create “financial independence” for yourself through writing e-books you are going to have to take the training from this book, study it and put it into practice through good old-fashioned hard work and perseverance.
When reviewing a product of this type, I place a lot of emphasis on the credibility and authenticity of the author.
Jim Edwards is the author of countless e-books and he is an online marketing expert and entrepreneur. He is a frequent guest speaker at internet marketing seminars and produces and hosts webinars on a weekly basis.
The information in the course is well-formatted, detailed, and in-depth. It also contains lots of tips and advice that only many years of experience can produce. I believe that if you follow this program diligently, you can become successful at being an e-book author, and I, therefore, recommend it.
Hopefully, you have found my review helpful in your search for creating retirement income online. If you decide to take this course and write your own e-book (s), please share that with us. If you have any questions or comments on this review I would love to read them in the comments below.
We are all on that journey to improve our financial situation in retirement and my goal is always to provide you with options. For some other ideas, please read my post Money Making Ideas for Retirees.
Happy e-book writing!
I enjoy writing myself, as you know, but I have a different way of generating an online income from home. If you are curious about the system I use, click here.